Courtesy : Cristian Mihai
The thing about being a writer, or any other kind of artist, means that most probably you’ll never earn a lot of money.
But what exactly do you earn if not money?
Let’s sneak peek into the perks of being a writer ;-p
- You can be as eccentric as you want. People expect writers to be a bit crazy.
- You get to do what you love.
- You can act lazy, sleep on the couch all day, and blame writer’s block.
- You can be an alcoholic (if you’re into that sort of thing) and people will forgive you for it.
- You get to tell people you’re a writer. Some will find you interesting.
- People will think you know more about books than the rest of the world. ‘Cause you write the damn things.
- You’re your own boss. Especially if you self-publish. Yeah, the thing is that you still have to show up at the desk and work for as long as you feel like it. But that’s the point. As long as you like. If you don’t feel like it, you can take a break. Go on a holiday. Do other stuff.
Two strangers, the writer and the reader, locked in this strange dance… there’s nothing that can compare to it. And you, as a writer, realize that you’re not as alone as you thought. Someone else feels the same way.
As Tennessee Williams once said, you’re not lonely alone.